Dream of speaking at the UN? Want to work on the Global Goals? Check out this contest & your dream could come true! http://www.els.edu/en/ManyLanguagesOneWorld
Share your ideas and be heard… perhaps even in the General Assembly Hall of the United Nations!
60 Students will be selected as delegates to the 2016 United Nations Academic Impact Global Youth Forum, 25-31 July, 2016, where they will create action plans related to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The students will present these action plans at United Nations Headquarters in New York City.
Airfare, Room and Meals will be provided by ELS Educational Services, Inc.
Write an original essay (2,000 words or less) discussing global citizenship and cultural understanding and the role that multilingual ability can play in fostering these. The essay should reflect your personal, academic, cultural and national context. Essays must be written in an official language of the United Nations that is not your first language or primary language of instruction during your primary or secondary education. The official United Nations languages are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish. You will need to demonstrate both written and verbal competency in the language of the essay. You must be a full-time university student, recommended and endorsed by a Faculty Member or University Representative, and must be 18 years of age or older by the contest deadline.
Essay Submission Deadline: Thursday, 31 March, 2016 at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Video from Many Languages One World 2015:
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Application Deadline: August 6th 2016
In commemoration of the 20th anniversary of Nigeria’s victory at the Men’s Football Event of the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games,Goal Nigeria and the University of Sussex, United Kingdom, have announced the #WritingGamesNG, an essay writing competition.
The #WritingGamesNG theme is “The spirit of Atlanta ’96 – how sport and Olympic values can promote individual and national development.”
The competition is open to final year undergraduate and post-graduate students in both Nigerian and overseas institutions and National Youth Service Corps personnel in Nigeria.
The competition is to celebrate the unprecedented victory of the Nigeria men’s football team that won Africa’s first football gold medal 20 years ago.
- Must be a final year student of a Nigerian university/polytechnic or a Nigerian final year student in an overseas university and have a valid travel document.
- Must be a current NYSC personnel. IDs will be presented alongside entries.
- By participating, entrants agree that their names, profiles and images can be used for publicity purposes for the competition.
- Entries must be between 500-750 words and will be judged on the originality of ideas,
- Entries will only be accepted via the official email, email@example.com
- Entries close at midnight on August 6, 2016.
- Winners will be announced on August 12, 2016 via the Goal website.
- The Gold Medal winner will be awarded a certificate of achievement from the University of Sussex and Goal Nigeria as well as a four-day trip to the Writivism 2016 Festival in Kampala, Uganda.
- The winning entry will also be published on the websites of Goal.com and the University of Sussex.
- The winner will also be matched with a mentor from Writivism to help with professional development.
- The Silver and Bronze Medal winners will receive certificates of achievement and will win placement opportunities at Goal Nigeria to undertake internships. Both entries will be published on Goal.com.
- All three finalists will have an opportunity to contribute editorials towards Goal.com coverage of the Olympic Games and will also receive branded items from Sussex and other partners.
- The competition will be judged by Professor Richard Follett from the University of Sussex, Professor Dipo Salami from Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, and the Goal Nigeria Editorial Board.
- The competition is also supported by AIESEC Nigeria.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Goal Nigeria/University of Sussex #WritingGamesNG Essay Writing Competition 2016